SECONDARY SCHOOL APPRENTICESHIP
Get a head start on the work-based training for an apprenticeship program while you’re still in high school. As an SSA student, you’ll “earn while you learn” and graduate from the SSA program with 16 high-school credits and 480 work-based training hours that count towards your trade credential. This program is geared to the students who are able to enter an apprenticeable trade and be sponsored by an employer. To view a list of apprenticable trades, please see the ITA website: www.itabc.ca
Bonus - If you graduate while being enrolled in this program, you can apply for an SSA scholarship (requirements listed below):
- Are registered with ITA as a youth apprentice.
- Have a Grade 12 Dogwood Diploma or Adult Dogwood Diploma.
- Have successfully completed SSA 11A, 11B, 12A and 12B.
- Maintained a C+ average or better in your Grade 12 courses.
- Reported 900+ hours to ITA within six months of graduating.